Thursday, April 09, 2020

April 9th. Or is it?

Today for the first time I've learnt that someone I know personally is now in hospital with coronavirus. Sobering times.

I'm seeing a lot of comments about lockdown life where people are losing track of what day it is. I do that a lot anyway, and more so since I retired last November. But it's certainly true that being cooped up with the family at home and not getting out, means it's easy to lose track of exactly what day it is. I saw this posted on Facebook yesterday which sums it up perfectly.

Speaking of lockdown, the Welsh Assembly confirmed yesterday the the lockdown restrictions will not be lifted next week (after the initial three weeks it was due to be reviewed). I never suspected that it would be, and whilst we all want to get out there, or at least back to something less abnormal than the situation we have now, staying put seems to me to be the right thing for us to be doing.  Normally the Easter weekend is the start of people taking holidays, going out and about, BBQ's, family gatherings and so on. The weather looks set fair, and in an ideal world we'd all want to be inviting people round and firing up the barbie, but please, let's not get complacent. Stay at home.

There was a decent effort of clapping, banging of saucepans, whooping, car horns and even fireworks round our way for the Thursday 8pm celebration not only of the NHS but all those who are keeping us safe, fed, watered, bins emptied and victualed (bound to have missed someone out). well done all of you and thank you.

I was in the front garden today doing some tidying up when a cat from a couple of doors down (new-ish neighbours) wandered over. I'm not sure our cat would approve, although the two were seen eyeing each other up in a friendly way from a distance the other day.  Seemed friendly enough and a rather magnificent coat to boot.



Until tomorrow....

#isolationlife
#stayhomesavelives

No comments: