Sunday, March 29, 2020

March 29th: Curtains and quizzes


Today my wife and I should be in the car on the way to her sister's in Birmingham for a meet up with her other sister and brother, and all other halves, before all 10 of us take an onward journey tomorrow to the Peak District for 3 nights away, walking, eating and drinking beer.

But we're not. The coronavirus pandemic has put paid to that. It's really disappointing - it's been in the diary since the middle of last year, but it is what it is. Derbyshire will still be there when all this is over. So in the meantime, here's a couple of photos from our last visit there in October 2018.

Kept away from all news today - it's refreshing to take a break.
The peaks above Hathersage, Derbyshire

Derbyshire Peak District
In #stayathome mode today I've been cleaning and tidying up. Someone mused on Twitter yesterday (you understand by now that I'm a bit of a Twitter fanatic) that they were currently taking apart a p-trap under a sink having started doing something completely different, but had got distracted. That's me to a tee.I start doing one thing, then see something else and before you know it I'm taking down the curtains and hoovering them. Yes, you heard that right. I was trying to declutter my small study but went into the bedroom for something, glanced at the top of the curtains and realised how dusty they were. Is I took them down with a view to sticking them in the washing machine, but then read the label that said "dry clean only". So I hoovered the dust off. All worked ok if a little unorthodox!

We've done a couple of online (YouTube) family quizzes in the last couple of nights - another social distancing thing apparently.

The one on Saturday was a pub quiz sort of thing. Hard though. We're pretty good at quizzes (not brilliant, but not bad), and I top scored with 26/50! Rubbish effort.
Tonight we did a Monkman and Seagull one (they of University Challenge fame). This time my son top scored with 13/30 and I only got 10/30!!!! It was hard! They (or rather Bobby Seagull particularly) go off at a tangent throughout - he can talk for Britain - and the whole video is around an hour for just 30 questions. It's good fun watching though. Overall verdict on our scoring - must try harder. The cat could probably have done better.



No comments: