Sunday, March 22, 2020

22nd March 2020

A relatively quiet day in Chez Stats.

Anne (my wife) has been over to her mother's, partly because it's Mother's Day, but also because she's her part-time carer. Wrong though it felt, I decided not to go on the basis that really the general advice is not to visit others, even though it is my mother-in-law. I suspect however that there will be times over the coming weeks that I will have to visit. As I feel fine (as does my wife), and my mother-in-law - for an almost 94 year old housebound person with multiple pathology, it does feel wrong not to go, but that's what we're being told to do, so that's what we're doing.

I've been nowhere today, and neither have the kids. Its been another nice day if little breezy, so I've been doing some more gardening. My daughter has been trying to set up the laptop she's been given for potential home working, and despite being advised the set-up is "idiot proof" has run into an issue that requires advice when she's back in work tomorrow. Such is the nature of IT. It's supposed to be easy, but rarely is in my experience.

We've all (well me, my wife and son) had a go at Joe Wicks' YouTube "Worksout for Seniors" this morning. We chose the "seniors" version  at my wife's behest. She's only 59 😂. 10 minutes of fairly gentle exercises. Was quite funny to watch (us not the video), but on a serious note, as we move towards a more confined life for the present, maintaining any level of activity is important, and 10 minutes is nothing. What else are we going to do?

The news (and particularly social media) is still full of tales of scenes of idiocy at supermarkets and in some public spaces. Best avoided I think. Supermarkets and social media that is.

Tomorrow I have to go out as I'm due a regular blood test at the GP surgery, and to pick up my prescription.

I almost forgot. Last night me and my son watched Zombieland. Felt immensely weird watching an albeit comedy film about a zombie apocalypse give the current situation, but it was very funny. Well I thought so anyway. Reminds me, I might have to watch Shaun of the Dead (again).

The cat's been out enjoying the sun, and as per my quip yesterday that she could always go out hunting in these times of (some) food scarcity, she was spotted this afternoon coming home along the top of the fence carrying a large, dead R.A.T. Luckily we managed to catch her before she brought in indoors.

No comments: