Monday, March 23, 2020

March 23rd, Blood, dogs and lockdown

Latest news first. Lockdown.

I think we all knew it was coming, but watching the Prime Minister deliver the message was surreal. But at least we have a clear and definite message/instruction. Let's see how it plays out. Good job I have some paint in. Might as well get on with the decorating.

In other news, this is how my day went.

Moral support to our daughter who was supposed to be at work today, but is finding things so stressful she felt that she just couldn't go in. She felt worse that she was letting people down. I reminded her you have to look after yourself first.

Went to GP surgery for a routine/regular blood test (remember I'm on a disease modifying drug for arthritis that can potentially damage your liver and affected the immune system, so require these regular blood tests. I was stopped at the door to the surgery to answer questions about my health and have my temperature taken (all good). Place was very quiet - only four other patients in the waiting area, though the two receptionists were constantly on the phone helping patients with their enquiries. Phlebotomist did a wonderful job as per and I was in and out in about 2 minutes. Also handed in my prescription - the adjacent pharmacy is very busy, and have to go back to pick up later, as they're now dispensing three months worth of drugs at a time, and they didn't have enough of one of them until later today when they get a delivery. Update: I now have more drugs than Boots.....😂

Following that I went to Cardiff Dogs Home to walk a dog. I took up volunteer dog-walking in December after I retired (my wife is also a walker). And despite the current situation, those dogs in the home still need to be walked. Its's good exercise for me and something that can be done whilst socially distancing - walkers aren't allowed to be close to other people/dogs anyway. The signing in and handover of the dogs was almost as strict as at the GP surgery! Today's "client" was Hip, a lovely, friendly staffie/brown Patterdale cross. I'm not sure what happens now we're in lockdown? Can I combine my allowed daily walk with a visit to the dogs home?

Jip

A friendly fella

River Ely with canoeists and Cardiff Dogs Home behind
It's been another sunny day here, so cat is on sleeping duty (again). No rats today.

No comments: