Wednesday, March 02, 2022

I’ve only gone and caught it

My positive LFT

Two years on from the start of the coronavirus pandemic during which I’ve (mostly) applied caution, followed the rules and guidance, been vaccinated (4 times now as I’m apparently in a vulnerable priority group due to my arthritis drug which is an immunosuppressant) I’ve finally succumbed.

I started coughing on Sunday and thought no more about it. On Monday evening I started feeling rough, had a temperature and shivers. On Tuesday I did a lateral flow which was negative, but still felt pretty meh, enough to knock playing golf on the head and forgoing a trip to CCS to watch City play Derby - although we won, it was an awful match, so probably no bad thing missing it).

Today feeling a bit better, and with a skittles match scheduled tonight, so to be on the safe side I did another LFT and what do you know? Positive instantly! Cue getting out of my wife and daughter’s way sharpish. Booked a PCR straight away at CCS and within 30 mins had been, and completed the test on the off chance my LFT was a false positive. We’ll see.

To be honest it’s just like a heavy cold, although to be fair those 4 jabs have probably kept the symptoms down to a reasonable level. 

I've no idea where I picked it up from - could have been skittles last week (Wednesday), or St Fagans Museum (Friday) when with a group of family - none of whom were symptomatic. Unlikely to have bee anywhere else though, as haven't really been anywhere else. Golf on Saturday, but was never that close to anyone.

A reminder then, that whilst things are getting back to “normal”, and whilst coronavirus has melted from the headlines due to what’s going on elsewhere in the world at the moment, it hasn’t gone away.

Stay safe out there folks.

Twitter: @Statto1927 
Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/people/simon_hiscocks/ 
Instagram: simon_hiscocks

No comments: