Wednesday, October 28, 2020

Golf and lockdown


I know this is a first world problem whilst many people are suffering from the effects and impact of Covid-19 far more than me, but please tell me why I can't play golf in the lockdown?

I can exercise - but only if that exercise starts and stops at home.

Now the golf course will be shut 
I can't get in my car at home, drive alone (in my case about 8 miles to the golf club), get to the first tee and then play three and a half hours of golf in the open air, completely socially distant from my friends (I'm a bit wayward and frankly its easy to keep comfortably apart), walking around 6 miles in the process getting my exercise in a way that's entirely good for my mental health. Then get back in the car and drive home alone.

exercise - tick
social distancing - tick
sensible - tick

The "argument" I guess is that I could be putting undue pressure on emergency services if I have an accident on the way to or from the golf course. Not convinced. And yes I know I only have to wait two weeks before I can play again. 

But then logic and common sense has long been thrown out of the window by the powers that make these rules.


Until next time.... #isolationlife #staylocalsavelives

No comments: