Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Laptop. Ooh, what to get?

I'm no nearer making a decision on what laptop I want to get. The problem is the more I think about it the more confused I get.

Heart says Apple Macbook Pro
Head says Windows based lappie with decent specs for £300-£400 less
Scrooge says netbook for £500-£600 less

Had a long play last night in Curry's on Macbook Pro 13" - lovely, lovely lovely. Also messed with Acer Timeline 4810T. Actually looks and seems pretty good, but seriously worried about ability to multi-task (which would also rule out netbooks). It's VERY thin, amazing battery life.

Can't find a Samsung Q320 (the higher specced black version) to play with. Online reviews are pretty good, as is PC pro's review in this month's (November!) mag. Thing is, if spending £650, it's not that much more of a leap to a Macbook Pro - can find them online for about £820 if you look hard enough. Still a lot of wonga though....

More to come I think

No comments: