Tuesday, August 05, 2008

Blooobirds

So the season's almost upon us. I returned from holiday to find my son James and my season tickets amongst the post waiting for us. Sadly though, we'll miss the season's curtain raiser against Southampton this Saturday as we have a family wedding to attend. I'll be keeping an eye on my texts though (sound off of course!)

Our search for a striker appears to be over as we completed the signing of Jay Bothroyd. Not a prolific scorer in his footballing journey so far, but I have seen him score a couple of crackers. Let's hope at 26 his best years are in front of him. He's certainly a good target man to at 6ft 3in (allegedly), so let's hope he does the business for us up front with Ross McCormack.

City have been unbeaten pre-season, against some decent teams too, so I'm hoping for a good crack this year. Play-off's a minimum.

No comments: