Wednesday, November 07, 2012

Apple's apps - Reminders

Since getting my hands on my iPad Mini last Friday, I've hardly put it down. It's a wonderful device and I'm already very much attached to it.

One of the interesting things about this is now I have almost the entire "set" of Apple devices; an iPhone, an iPad and a MacBook Pro. I'm only missing the Mac desktop. frankly I tend to only use my Windows 7 PC desktop for a couple of specific tasks these days - the MBP usually is my workhorse these days.

And what this has made me realise is the tight integration and synchronisation that using these three Apple devices bring. I was already reliant on the syncing of calendars and contacts across the iPhone and MBP, now extended to the Mini. My main email is Gmail which is set up on all devices. I also use Dropbox, 1Password and a couple of other apps universally.

But for to dos/tasks I've never really found Apple's own apps to fit the bill - until now. I've been a long time user of the wonderful Appigo ToDo app which I love. The first incarnation of Apple's "Reminders" fell short for me and never came close to replicating what ToDo could do. The current version though has just enough to make me move. It's simple enough without being as complex as ToDo, and for me that's just the ticket. I don't want a complicated "getting things done" approach. I just want a list of things that I need to be reminded about, at a certain time on a certain date. Reminders does that for me, and it's now become my default to do/reminder app - and I'm loving it,


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad Mini

No comments: