Thursday, November 03, 2011

Ups and downs

It's been a funny old few weeks. Well not so funny really, not funny at all.

Work has been rough. Very, very busy, things going wrong that shouldn't have and just generally draining. Beginning to look like things are turning a corner though.

Me & Mrs H both bought new cars in the last months as well (well new second user cars - who the hell can afford a new, new car these days?). Then, two weeks after she picked hers up, a lovely black Fiesta Titanium, some woman side swiped her pulling out into her as she was driving along the main road. Fortunately no-one injured (both my wife & daughter were in the car). The car was repairable, and she picked it up from the accident repair centre last Friday.

Then today, just three weeks after picking my new (one year old) Mondeo up, driving to work along the M4, I could see traffic ahead slowing but then the car in front of me just stopped, because the car in front of them just stopped, and though we weren't going fast, and I thought there was plenty of gap between me and the car in front, there wasn't. Smack. Three airbags deployed, front of my car a mess (their car hardly a scratch by the look of it). Again, and the main thing, no-one injured, though I was pretty shaken (have you ever been in a car with three airbags going off? They make a hell of a bang). No idea yet if the car is repairable.

So I'm pretty hacked off at the moment. We must have offended the God's somewhere along the way these last few weeks.

No comments: