Monday, July 13, 2009

I don't do fashion (generally) but browsing around the 'net the other week I was rather taken by some iPhone cases, or rather half cases - the kind that clip onto the back.

These are "Metallico" series cases apparently, and come in a range of sometimes gaudy, and sometimes nice (in my opinion) colours.

On the spur of the moment I splashed out, not realising at the time the site I was ordering from (Deal Sniper) was in Hong Kong. To be fair I got very prompt emails telling me I'd paid (inevitably), but also that my order had been dispatched, and a tracking link. About 2 and a bit weeks later, my case arrived.

I've gone for this rather fetching "Ice Blue" colour.

Let's not beat about the bush - it's plastic despite the name "metallico", but somehow it does look nice with a bit of a sheen to it, and doesn't really increase the size of the phone more than about 1mm all round.

I guess any protection is better than none. It clips on and fits very snugly and certainly doesn't feel like it will drop off at any point. With so many iPhones around now, it does set it apart a bit.

I've never really been a case man, so whether I'll persevere with this or not I don't know. For the moment, I'm sticking with it and I like it.

Mine cost me £9 plus P+P from Asia, but you may well find them more locally.

No comments: