Friday, May 29, 2009

Happy Anniversary

Well it's been 16 years today since Mrs Statto and I tied the knot. That day was a rather dull and wet May 29th, when it was supposed to be like today - gloriously hot. C'est la vie. Anyway, it's been a good 16 years so far, long may it continue.

I've had a cracking day. First up, me & the Mrs went to M&S to do a bit of shopping (partly on the pretence of getting each other a gift - neither of us had done so - not because we'd forgotten, but because we'd been so busy. Anyway, a few bob later and we've both added to our summer wardrobe, handy with holidays coming up in July. we also spoilt oursleves by getting some nice stuff for tea as we weren't going out (having been out for daughter's 12th birthday tea yesterday!).

Then it was off to garden centre for a few bits and bobs, although as is always the way it ended up being a bit more than I'd planned. This afternoon it's been gardening, which I really enjoy - I'm no Alan Titchmarsh, but I do like potterning about.

Then I was in charge of aforementioned M&S tea. Chilli & coriander prawns in garlic for starters followed by fillet steak - yum, plus a bottle of bubbly, followed by coffee and Tia Maria (Mrs S) and Metaxa (me).

To round of a great day I burnt a load of wood in the chimenea on the patio as dusk fell and the bats started flying about. There's something hypnotising (for me anyway) about a fire , and the lad in me can't help but poke a good fire with a stick.

Good day.

No comments: