Friday, February 27, 2009

Skittles

I don't post too much about skittles on this site, though I play every week during the season (Sept - April). Probably this is because we have our own web site and I update that every week after our matches so it seems a bit pointless duplicating stuff here.

It's all good clean fun - well good fun anway. I used to be quite good too, but the last couple of years I've had a bit of a 'mare. Not sure if it's the arthritis in my hands, my dodgy knee, failing eyesight or a combination of all three.

Anyhows, this week for some bizarre reason it just all clicked and I hit a 35, my highest score for a couple of years. To put it in context, 25 is about an average roll (or rather it's 5 rolls of 3 balls each aggregated on the night) anything over 30 is classed as a good score, and 35 is pretty darn good (though I say so myself). My highest ever score was 42, but you rarely see a 40 - I've only seen two (including mine) in the 9 or 10 years I've been playing.

Pop on over to our site to read all about it this strange game, and the even stranger people who play it!

http://www.dpab.co.uk

No comments: