Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Peace, love and litter

Saw this picture on the BBC website today of the (presumably aftermath) of the summer solstice "celebrations" at Stonehenge, and it rather caught my eye - for all the wrong reasons.

Now don't get me wrong, and I know I'm a grumpy old git but....

I rather suspect that the vast majority of the 30,000 or so people that turned up at the stone circle to "celebrate" the solstice would also profess to be ecologically and environmentally minded - goes without saying doesn't it - hippies and druids etc (and I've got nothing against either group as it happens). But look at the bloody mess they've left, and it's all plastic by the look of it.

Seems to me, that the majority of those attending probably went along for the "creac" and who cares about the mess they leave behind. Someone else will clear it up, at someone else's cost and time. They should be ashamed.

No comments: