Thursday, June 26, 2008

Good news

Continuing my recent grumpy old man theme, is there any good news out and about? I can't find any. Reading the various news sites I frequent, I reckon the human race might as well pack up and call it a day.
  • War (take your pick)
  • Weather - typhoons, monsoons, gales, rain - everything except sun
  • Fuel - oil at a new all time high today (I reckon it's a conspiracy)
  • Murders/assaults/crime (mostly allegedly involving the youth of today - the future generations, although to be fair you don't see too much of it round our way, though I did clip James round the ear the other day for some minor misdemeanor - I think he nicked the last chip from our dinner)
  • Global warming (stick that under weather)
  • House prices falling
  • The credit crunch
  • Everything is bad for you (especially take aways - darn!)
  • Swansea City were promoted to the Championship
  • Taxes on taxes (charges for waste collection - hey what do I pay my Council tax for?)
  • Gas and electricity prices set to rise by 40% (see Fuel)
  • Shady politics (take your pick)
Talking of shady politics, I received one of those "humerous" (read dodgy) emails today, which I recreate below as I thought it was quite funny. Apologies to all those people who don't, and a disclaimer that I have nothing to do with the origination of this, other than repeating waht fell into my inbox.....

Title: The Question (remember that)

The Scenario
You are somewhere in England, there is chaos all around caused by a hurricane with severe flooding (see weather/global warming above)

It is a flood of Biblical proportions.

You are a photo journalist working for a major newspaper and caught up in the middle of this epic disaster and you're trying to shoot career making photos.

There are people and debris swirling all around you as nature unleashes it's destructive fury.

The Test:
Suddenly you see a man in the water, fighting for his life amongst the swirling maelstrom. You move closer. Somehow the man looks familiar and suddenly you realise it's Gordon Brown

You have two options:
1. You can save the life of the Prime Minister, or you can shoot a dramatic Pulitzer Prize winning photo documenting the end of one of the most powerful men in the country.

The Question (remember....?)

Would you select high contrast colour film or would you go with the classic simplicity of black and white?

No comments: