Saturday, February 23, 2008

Quack medicine?

Long time readers of this blog will know that my bones aren't the best. A recent visit to the rheumatology clinic had the doctors once again suggesting that I go onto a treatment called sodium methotrexate. It won't cure my arthritis but could (could not will) slow the disease down. That's OK except that it's got a list of potential side effects as long as your arm including hair loss and liver damage. Nice.

I've never held much store in herbal or non pharaceutical remedies after a rip off experience with a magnetic bracelet, but now's the time to give it a go I think.

Something called "Devil's Claw" has been recommended so that's one, plus of course the almost mandatory fish oil tablets that are as big as a.......well they're big.

Let's see how it goes.

No comments: