Friday, January 04, 2008

I don't like cricket - I love it

It's January, so that must mean.....cricket!
I coach the U13 squad at our club, and next week we start our indoor practice sessions ahead of nets and the outdoor training in April prior to the U13 League programme.
I've been playing cricket for years (ever since I was at school), but at senior level for the last 31 years (see I told you I was old), but only took up coaching a season or so ago. Last year I did my ECB Level 1 Coaching Assistant course which was great fun - if you help coach youngsters you should do it. We've got a thriving junior squad, which bodes well for the future of the club.
On top of that, senior nets start in about a month. I'll go along, but I'm not sure how my knee will hold up. Regular readers will know of my osteotic shortcomings. Providing I'm careful and try to remember that I'm not Brett Lee I should be OK. Whether I'll be able to make it at match level this year or not is another matter. I might be able to hobble around for the 2nd XI if selected. Keep up with Dinas Powys CC's year at our website

No comments: