Thursday, June 19, 2008

Cricket, lovely cricket

One of the reason I haven't been posting so much lately is time. It's been a busy few weeks with cricket. Here's this week's example.
  • Monday night, up to watch U11's followed by Club committee meeting
  • Tuesday night co-ordinating U13 match (with all the prep required - getting the ground ready, sorting the teams, warm ups, scoring/umpiring etc)
  • Wednesday night up at the club because son James was playing in a senior midweek match
  • Thursday coaching the U13 training
  • Friday - day off
  • Saturday, with James again as he's been picked to play in the senior 2nd XI for the first time.
  • Sunday - probably day off, though James was asked to play in the Sunday friendly, but even I think two senior games on a weekend is pushing it for a 13 year old.
  • In between I've been updating our web site which I run as and when required (www.dinaspowyscc.co.uk if you're interested)
My wife doesn't recognise me, and my daughter asked her mother who the strange man in the house was when I got back tonight....

Should that be telling me something? My knee's certainly telling me something. Mostly, your'e too old and decrepit to continue playing yourself!

No comments: